Wednesday, July 25

baroque and roll






Topshop trousers, skirt, dress, necklace; Dolce and Gabbana F/W 2012


I don't know if any of you remembered my brief coverage of the various fashion weeks for F/W, but one runway I definitely gushed about was Dolce and Gabbana's. Amazing, luxe, baroque looks, one after the other. When I saw it at Salvatore Ferragamo and Balmain, it was a bit of a hint that it may be a trend to look out for. Behold, Topshop definitely has the idea with their various items. Think jacquard and silk fabrics. Completely luxe looks in decadent gold and heavy beading and embroidery. The cross trend going on also ties in to this new baroque trend. I'm not gonna lie, it's not the first time the baroque trend has been thrusted forward with little avail, but hopefully, this time it will catch on. Amazing fabrics and looks all around. I'm looking forward to grabbing a few jacquard trousers, and I know, I know, it's practically 100 degrees out. But next thing you know, it will be September, then EVERYONE will be grabbing for the latest trends.













Song of the Day: "Weapon of Choice" by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club


No comments:

Post a Comment